Sleepless Nights in Preparation

Posted by WhatACutUp on Tuesday, March 8, 2011.

I have been working for days on my plans for the business. I have so many ideas that I am excited to try out. It has started to drive me crazy, though, lol- I've been up for a couple of days now working on my plans. I am proud though, and I think it is going to be good.

I picked out a group of scents that I think are going to work well together, as well as colors that I think are really representative both of me and of summer, which is right around the corner. I am having some difficulties with the supply company that is supplying my candle jars- I am not sure what is going to happen. At least the lady was nice enough to email me herself. I am eagerly awaiting her reply- I hope she isn't out of the jars I started off with originally! Ay.

Meanwhile, I am starting to think about how to tie together all of the things I am going to offer at the store. I read an article about client retention that suggests that you think about your shopper. I know how I want to be treated as a customer, and so I go with that. I know I'd be more likely to stay at a store that sold more products like the one that brought me there, as opposed to one with a big jumble. Big jumbles are good for browsing, but not so much for buying.

I need to figure out the legal stuff, and I need to come up with a coherent plan. I have an idea of what I want but I need to find something to tie everything together. Candles & art alone seem sort of mismatched. I need something that connects them or starts to show a theme. I am still working on it.

In any case. I am enjoying the journey and really cannot wait for the stuff to get here! I want to start DOING SOMETHING already- I am going to pass out from exhaustion otherwise, LOL!

Claire

No Responses to Sleepless Nights in Preparation

Leave a Reply